Who doesn’t like to look?
If I am at least roundabouts right, in the past 5 to 10 years, products & objects that we see and use everyday have become not just objects to see and use, but have morphed into pieces of near museum art! Creativity is being injected into NEAR EVERYTHING! This is not a bad thing. It never hurts for something to look good…
Part of this happening is to attract us to buy stuff, as human beings are like cats to shiny stuff – helpless and noodle limp in the face of pretty things. The other reason for this surge of product/object artistry, I reason, is because art is such an appealing thing it is hard not to infuse stuff with it.
Below, I have compiled a list of stuff that have been getting made over with art looks, with web links. Hey, while getting all big, Gollum-eyed staring at these precious pretties, you may want to buy!
- MOBILE PHONES – I, myself, have a phone that is fun to just look at…great for talk/text & now like holding candy all day
- CD/ALBUM COVERS – a piece of art purchased with some cool music or if the music is crap, at least you have some nice art to look at
More cd/album covers: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/08/03/35-beautiful-music-album-covers/
- PENCIL SHARPENERS – what?!? what?!? *drool*
More on designmilk.com: http://design-milk.com/swing-blade-pencil-sharpener/
- SHOES – walking in them looks wretched (foot suicide), but gazing at them is more forgiving…
- FURNITURE – bet’ not get coffee stains and popcorn on these beauties…
Hope that was an enjoyable list and I will be on the lookout for MORE stuff to visually tantalize…and possibly burn a hole in your pocket. At least it’ll be pretty!